Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chocolate Banana Bread

Along with the strawberries, we also bought some fantastic bananas from the farmer's market and I have been waiting patiently for them to ripen. I was in the mood for chocolate but not something super sweet. After a decent amount of time spent online, I found a recipe for chocolate banana bread. I left out the nuts that the recipe called for and used regular chocolate chips instead of white since they were all I had handy. The white chips would have added a really nice dash of color to the bread. I recommend keeping a few smaller chunks of banana in the mix too. Mine may have been mashed up too well for my liking.

































The top is nice and crunchy while the inside is so moist and perfect. 

And I must say, I really am glad that I have had a bit more free time lately to be able to work on my baking. My boyfriend says that my products are coming out better and my overall skill is improving. It is so hard to find time between jobs and life to bake as much as I would like to. It also doesn't help that there are still so many supplies and tools that I need to make things easier. June is approaching which means I can have another bake sale and all that money can go toward buying cake pans, muffins tins, ingredients.....
I am always so grateful for the gifts I am given to help me expand my baking. My boyfriend's mother has given me a Julia Child baking book that seems so helpful, I can not wait to start using it. Also some spring-form pans and a cookie gun. All things I know I will use. I just want to be able to keep baking and creating new and better food!

No comments:

Post a Comment