Monday, August 9, 2010

Peanut Butter and Ketchup Cookies

Yes, you heard me. Peanut butter....and ketchup. I stumbled across this recipe on the Heinz website along with a few others I may want to try, ketchup apple pie I'm looking at you.

I baked a bunch of these and took them to work. As I figured they were a hard sell. I knew all I needed was one person to eat it and see that it wasn't terrible and then everyone else would follow. Finally a brave co worker gave it a try and of course they enjoyed it. Honestly, if I never told you there was ketchup in it you would never know. It taste like a regular peanut butter cookie with just a hint of something you can't put your finger on. A tiny kick, a little hint of spice. It surely makes the cookies a cool color.

I would say give it a try, at the very least you can say you ate a cookie with ketchup in it. Or make it for your friends and don't tell them whats in it until after.




Peanut Butter and Ketchup Cookies

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 peanut butter, I used creamy
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1 egg



Preheat oven to 350
Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside,
Cream together peanut butter, butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
Add ketchup and egg, beat until mixed.
Blend flour mixture into peanut butter mixture.
Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
Press cookie flat with fork in both directions if you wish to make the tic tac toe design.
Bake 8 to 10 mins.

It is super easy to make. If anyone tries this let me know what you thought!






















                                                                            

16 comments:

  1. interesting! never would have thought of ketchup in cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried them today. I would not suggest eating the dough. It has a weird tangy after taste. However, the cookies themselves were pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. from the Heinz site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just made these and tried them they're really nice😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found the recipe on the back of my ketchup bottle. Decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised. Yum. The dough; however... don't eat it. Not delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made this before and nobody else would even try them. More for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. sir please wait a moment while i run the tree command and come to know each and everything

      Delete
  8. why do you think i'm fool here bro?

    ReplyDelete
  9. about to break 2 hours PogChamp

    ReplyDelete