Friday, April 16, 2010

Oreo Cupcakes

Yesterday I found out about the National Food Bloggers Bake Sale. There is a cute little cafe in one of my favorite parts of the city that is participating. I decided at the very last minute that I would like to donate something. I wish I would have had more time to really work on a recipe, I sort of just whipped this together based on a few different ideas I found on various other blogs. I'm so nervous I haven't even tried one yet!


The first thing I found that I thought was great was putting a whole half an Oreo right in the bottom before pouring the batter in.






















So many cut up pieces of cookie in there.




















They came out looking more like muffins, don't you think? A little darker than i expected.




















I wanted to give my icing bag and tips that my boyfriend gave me for Christmas a try, I most certainly need more practice.




















My finished product!




















I must admit I am mighty pleased with how the look, I sure do hope they taste good! So if you are in the area tomorrow stop by A Full Plate between 10 and 3 and buy some snacks. All funds raised go to support Share Our Strength's efforts to end childhood hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment